- CEREC allows us to make CADCAM crowns, veneers and white fillings in the same day whilst you wait in our St Johns Wood dentist's.
- CEREC CADCAM Crowns
What is CEREC?
CEREC is the new phenomenon in dentistry, it completely digitises the manufacturing process. Normally you would require a cumbersome impression material to be put into your mouth to take a record of your teeth, with CEREC this is done digitally with a special video camera.
With conventional crowns, veneers and inlays the restorations are made by a dental technician, this can take up to 2 weeks. During this two-week period you would normally be required to have a bothersome temporary restoration. You would also need an injection at the beginning of treatment whilst we prepared the tooth and then another injection at the end when we fit the new tooth.
CEREC means this whole process is shortened, no impression goo, fewer injections and one appointment.
Why choose CEREC for your new filling, crown or veneer?
- No unpleasant impression material
- No follow-up appointment
- No bothersome temporary restoration
- Fewer dental injections
How does CEREC work?
- You attend for an initial consultation to discuss your options.
- After the consultation a digital camera captures the area to be treated.
- Your new dental veneer, crown or filling is then created as a 3-D model on the computer screen.
- Afterwards, the restoration created on the computer is subsequently milled in our computerised mailing centre from a ceramic block.
- Just a while later, the finished ceramic restoration is fitted.
Take a look at the following video which explains more...